Each player should bring goalkeeper gloves, firm ground cleats, turf shoes, appropriate soccer attire & fluids so you can hydrate during practice and most importantly a positive attitude and an open mind to learn.
￼Goalkeeper Training Check List￼
- Goalkeeper Gloves
- Firm Ground Cleats, Turf Shoes & Indoor training shoes
- Long & Short Sleeve Shirts
- Long Training Pants
Yes! Sessions can be made up at any MGTS training location throughout that season’s training period.
Each player will be evaluated, and grouped by age and ability. The groups will consist of one coach and a maximum of 6 goalkeepers.
We’ve had players as young as 8 years old as well as adults who play professionally.
The Advanced Training Program is 1.5 hours while the Elite Development Program is 2 hours. The training curriculum is the same however, the extra 30 minutes provided in the Elite Development Program, gives us more time to focus on the Goalkeeping skills within the MGTS curriculum.
- Warm Up
- Speed & Agility (Goalkeeping Specific)
- Feet & Distribution
- Technical using hands and feet (teaching that session’s topic)
- Live (teaching that topic in a live, game-like situation)